We live in a perfectly imperfect world. When we forget our umbrella it pours with rain; when we’re in a mad rush the traffic is at a standstill; briefcases left on trains – you get the picture. In our busy, daily lives it’s hard but important to step back and remember how amazing we are as humans.
Every second of every day, our bodies are functioning and responding with minute detail, to carry us through life’s highs and lows. So if you’re having ‘one of those days’, take a moment to read on, reset and remember that you are incredible.
Did you know:
- On the last count we have around 30 trillion human cells in our body.
- We actually have more bacterial cells than human cells at a huge 38 trillion.
- 100,000 chemical reactions occur in your brain every second.
- You perform around 23,000 inhalations and exhalations a day.
- Nerve impulses sent from your brain move at a speed of 170 mph.
- We are carrying 206 bones, over half of which are in our hands and feet.
- Our 78 organs are working around the clock without us consciously knowing.
Feeling a little more superhuman now? You should be!