References in this Privacy Notice to “Coach London”, “we”, “us” or “our” means Coach London Limited.
Coach London controls the ways your personal data are collected and used and are therefore the “data controller” for the purposes of the GDPR 2018, UK Data Protection Act 2018 and any other applicable European data protection legislation.
Collection of data
We may collect information about you when you visit or join our Club, when you purchase products or services, when you interact with us through the website or on social media, and when you contact us or we contact you.
The type of personal data we may collect includes:
- title, name and surname, and contact details (home address, email, mobile and home and work telephone numbers).
- date of birth, photograph and health information (for example where you have a medical condition that may affect your use of the Club or any treatment).
- bank, credit and debit card details and information about transactions.
- details of your Coach London membership (type, history, classes and events attended).
- your employment (current and past history) and work contact details.
- your preferences such as activities, training exercises, interests, food choices and similar.
- video of you using the Club facilities or training, subject to your specific permission.
We may collect other information personal to you from face to face interactions, through the internet or via social media, including:
- information about how you use our website.
- communications we exchange (emails, telephone calls and other messages).
- feedback and posts on social media directed to Coach London.
- bookings and reservations (for example at the Café).
We use various technologies to enable us to make contact with you and receive your booking and payments requests. This includes the Coach London APP. Use of these services is optional and you are in control of your data via the preferences you make within the technology service itself. Coach London will interact with you and view your data in accordance with the permissions you give.
Special categories of personal data
In the course of providing services to you, we may collect information that is considered “special categories of personal data” eg completion of a health questionnaire as part of your induction as member. We only collect this information where you have given your explicit consent, or it is necessary to protect your vital interests, or you have deliberately made it public. If you do not allow us to process any special category personal data, this may mean we are unable to provide all or parts of the services you have requested from us.
How and why we use your personal data
- To fulfil contractual obligations and provide our services to you Club membership is a contract between Coach London and each individual member, so we require your personal data and photo ID in order to issue you a membership card unique to you, to allow you access to the Club, and to enable us to verify your identity.
We will store information in order to provide services and to ensure we are adhering to health and safety and insurance requirements.
- To communicate with you and manage our relationship with you
We may need to contact you by email, phone, letter and/or SMS for administrative, customer service or operational reasons (such as pricing, opening hours and class timetables).
Separately, you may give us permission to communicate with you for marketing purposes, and these communications can be ceased should you choose to stop receiving them.
We may also use your personal data to contact you after you have visited the Club as a guest, made a booking for a class, sent us a request, filled in a web-form through our website or contacted us on social media.
Your opinion is important to us, so we may send you an email or SMS to seek your feedback.
We will use the communications you exchange with us and the feedback you may provide in order to manage our relationship with you as our customer and to improve our services and experiences for other members and guests.
Having a named company contact for our suppliers and/or corporate accounts means we can communicate more efficiently with you for payment purposes or with any account queries. As a named company contact at a company in the vicinity of one of our sites means we can liaise with you directly to negotiate benefits and offers exclusive to your employees and keep track of any negotiations.
If you attempt to join online or make a booking, then you leave our website before this has been finalised, we may contact you in order to help you easily complete your transaction.
- To personalise and improve your customer experience
We may also collect information on how you use our website, which pages of our website you visit most, which classes you attend/book and what services you use/purchase, in order to understand what you like. We may use this information to tailor the content and offers that you see on our website and to send you relevant messages that we think you might like.
To raise awareness and enable you to share your achievements with others, we post photos and/or videos on social media, of any special events or challenges that we organise. Please be aware that if you take part, you may be included in these.
- To inform you about our news and offers that you may like
As part of our service, we will email you with Club news and offers that we have negotiated for our members and guests. If you do not wish to receive this additional information, you can opt out at point of sale, or visit the member area and amend your mailing preferences www.coachlondon.uk, or choose the ‘opt out/unsubscribe’ option present on our email, or reply STOP or UNSUBSCRIBE to any email/text contact.
As a previous member, we may contact you up to 24 months after your membership end date, if we have a re-joining offer exclusive to previous members.
If you have made a purchase from us, if you have consented, we may contact you with updates such as offers and events (with the exception of direct response to a query). You can ‘unconsent’ to contact at any time choosing the ‘opt out/unsubscribe’ option present on our email, or reply STOP or UNSUBSCRIBE to any email/text contact.
- To improve our services, for administration purposes and to protect our business interests
The business purposes for which we will use your information include accounting, budgeting, billing and audit, credit or other payment card verification, safety, security, statistical and marketing/profiling analysis, systems testing, maintenance, ordering of supplies, planning and development.
- To comply with any other legal obligations.
CCTV & Thermal Imaging cameras
Coach London have CCTV installed in public areas (not changing areas). Recordings are stored on a secure server for a maximum of 2 months for the purpose of security. A live feed on screen (close sight only) can be viewed at concierge. Our lawful basis for this processing is to protect the vital interests of users, along with personal protection purposes.
Coach London may also operate thermal imaging cameras at the entrance of the Club in the future to check a visitors body temperature and sound an alarm if a high temperature is detected. Our lawful basis for this processing is to protect the vital interests of our users, along with personal health protections purposes. Thermal imaging data will be stored for a maximum of 2 months on a secure server.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data may be shared with other companies within our Group. It may also be disclosed to a third party who acquires us, acquires a member of our Group or substantially all of our assets.
We may also share some of your personal data with, or obtain your personal data from, the following categories of third parties:
- Your employer or health Club benefits provider, if your membership is via a corporate scheme and Coach London invoice them for your membership subscriptions.
- An individual who pays for your membership on your behalf – to administer your membership on an ongoing basis.
- Postal or digital mailing company/app – to send out communication to you on our behalf.
- Specialist survey company/app – to send out surveys to you on our behalf (you are not obliged to respond to them).
- Internal independent service providers following your request for them to provide their services to you.
- Bank/credit or debit card companies – in order to process your payments for services.
- Credit control company – with prior notification, should contracted membership subscriptions or payment for goods or services become overdue (as per our T&C’s).
- Web servers/website providers – hosting/storing some personal data.
- IT support company – able to access some information to assist with IT issues.
- Third party booking websites should you book Club services via their websites.
- Social media site – hashed email matched to account to create custom audience file.
- Till and booking apps.
- Profiling company – some of your data may be temporarily shared to ensure relevance of marketing communication and profiling to enhance our targeting.
In addition to the categories of recipient listed above, we may disclose your personal data when this is required by the law of any jurisdiction to which Coach London may be subject.
Data transferred outside the EU
Some of the companies we use for our apps are situated in other countries; therefore some data may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Transfers of data to these companies are either on the basis of adequacy, or subject to appropriate safeguards.
Security of your personal data
We are committed to taking appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage to personal data.
There are three main types of cookies – here’s how and why we use them.
- Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features.
- Site analytics/performance cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our visitors use the site, to improve both its functionality and your experience. These cookies don’t identify you as an individual.
- Marketing cookies – used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Further information about cookies can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/
Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site, and benefit from the complete Coach London web experience.
We may occasionally include links to third party websites on our emails and/or website. We do not take any responsibility for these sites, the cookies they use, or how they manage any data you may provide to them.
Your rights are as follows (noting that these rights don’t apply in all circumstances):
- The right to request access to your personal data and information about how we process it.
- The right to rectification – we will correct your personal data if it’s inaccurate and complete any incomplete personal data. It is your responsibility to ensure that you submit true, accurate and complete information to us. You have the ability to change certain information via your online account (such as email and address).
- The right to erasure – you have the right to request that we delete personal data that we hold about you.
- The right to restrict processing.
- The right to object to processing – if you would like us to stop processing your personal data, you can do this in a number of ways; you can visit the member area and amend your mailing preferences www.coachlondon.uk, you can choose the ‘opt out/unsubscribe’ option if present on our email, you can reply STOP or UNSUBSCRIBE to any email/text contact, you can advise a team member if they call, or you can email email@example.com.
- The right to Data Portability – move, copy or transfer your personal data.
Contacting Coach London
If you have a complaint or concern about how we are processing your personal information then we will endeavour to address such concerns. However, if you would like to direct your complaint/concerns to a Data Protection Authority, the contact details for your local Data Protection Authority are as follows: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/